imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2015-11-26 21:17:24

intrasight

Recording to MIDI

I know near nothing about MIDI. I'd like to use imitone to record MIDI and then send those to a program to generate sheet music. What's the shortest path? Any free Windows utilities for recording MIDI?
Thanks

#2 2015-11-26 21:26:51

intrasight

Re: Recording to MIDI

I just found this: http://www.notation.com/Support.php
It appears to do just what I'm looking for. Does anybody have any experience with this product?

#3 2015-12-31 16:11:02

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: Recording to MIDI

Unfortunately I have no experience with sheet music software, but I've heard good things about Sibelius.

A warning:  I've been focusing on live play with imitone so far -- making it more responsive -- so it can be a little "messy" for sheet music purposes.  Be sure to turn on pitch bend, "reliable" (turtle) tracking and set a musical scale other than chromatic if you can.  Even then, sing slowly and clearly to avoid putting in extraneous notes.  In the future, I may add a "composer" tracking mode fine-tuned for this purpose.

Board footer