imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2016-03-11 16:10:34

ssl18

Sound calibration with voice

Hi Evan,

I have a problem since the first versions purchased.
I tried all the settings, but asking a clear note, I still have a dissonance in what passes as imitone note.

How can we correct this discrepancy?
see attached image.

Exemple 1 Exemple 2

On the video, the singer gets her to calibrate her voice.

It would be boring in a future version to use a ruler to manually change the note pitch and calibrate ourselves.

Thanks !

Last edited by ssl18 (2016-03-11 16:12:35)

#2 2016-04-21 12:09:15

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Re: Sound calibration with voice

Hello --

No such calibration is necessary.  You're using lock mode, which is a crude stand-in for a planned function called hold mode.  Lock mode always sticks with the first pitch it hears, even if that pitch changes later -- so it's only useful when you don't want notes sliding around at all.

To fix this problem, click the red button with the horizontal line, and select any other note mode.

#3 2016-08-05 15:16:51

ssl18

Hello Evan,

The settings have not changed, but the latest update to all resolved.
Testing with ProTools, Kontakt, and everything is impeccable.

I have questions about fine adjustments to make, but I would ask if I can not find an answer on the other posts.

already thanks for the update.

#4 2016-08-11 11:43:37

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Yep!  I'm always trying to improve further.  I'll probably be removing or downplaying Lock Mode in future versions in favor of a vastly superior "Hold Mode" which will behave more intelligently.

If you have any other troubles with the pitch being off, I recommend making sure the number between the +/- buttons is set to zero.  Control-click to move it by 1 instead of 12.

Board footer