imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2016-12-05 06:48:29

dante

Very bad output.

Hello,
I just bought imitone, and I am currently using it with LMMS. The problem is that the sound that it produces (the MIDI) is choppy and SUPER off key. In general , the sound is as bad , as it would be if I just randomly created the midi with my mouse (without even looking) . I have tried all the modes and settings in imitone and nothing seems to help. So, either my humming is the worst in the universe , or I am doing something horribly wrong. Can you please help me ? Maybe I need to use some specific VST with imitone ? Thank you.

#2 2016-12-05 17:28:51

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Re: Very bad output.

Hey, Dante ---

Probably the audio coming into imitone is garbled due to some kind of sync issue.  You can confirm this by clicking on the headphones button (while wearing headphones, preferably!).

You can make me a sample of the audio by following step 2 here: http://imitone.com/munity/viewtopic.php?id=11  (Note that the red circle mentioned there won't appear in 0.9.0 --- the recording still happens, though!)

#3 2016-12-06 09:03:32

dante

The audio seems fine. Here is a link : http://vocaroo.com/i/s1tVgJQfONo7
I am using a blue yeti , so I don't think that there is a problem with the audio.

#4 2016-12-06 14:13:07

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Hey, Dante ---

The microphone wouldn't be the problem --- sync issues inside imitone can corrupt the audio, especially when running at low latency and/or next to other apps.

I added a function for direct audio upload in version 0.9.0a:

1. Press and KEEP HOLDING the C key while singing to record input.  Let go when you're done.

2. Press the R key to replay it, and make sure it shows the problem clearly.  Re-record as needed.

3. Send a feedback message to us, and mention your username.

The feedback dialog may act strangely; wait a while after clicking "send" and ignore any error messages you see.  Sometimes it'll report that uploading failed even if it works --- so just close it if that happens.

#5 2016-12-06 15:01:15

dante

Ok , I've sent it.

#6 2016-12-06 17:23:15

dante

The problem was resolved. For anyone having trouble with this in the future , I found out that it may be really helpful to put more emphasis on the very beginning of the note (make it louder and clearer) , if you are humming.

#7 2016-12-07 01:27:51

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Also, check out the manual:  http://imitone.com/manual/  --- I'm updating this every so often with helpful tips for getting the most out of imitone!

Board footer