imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2016-12-13 22:40:37

Gil

imitone and Daw

Hi Just Got the imitone it's quite interesting, was very simple to connect to my keyboard and boom in seconds it starts to imitate my voice.
after little play around with features I tried to integrate it with my Music software Sonar Platinum, the problem i was facing is.
the Mic shuts down and have to reload imitone and the mic and imitone work, as soon as i click on Daw software the Mic shuts back off again and have to reload imitone again and it works on its own Only!

I have 2 keyboards one is master which is the one im accessing imitone to imitate.
simply how can I enable imitone to integrate with Sonar and actually start recording midi with Mic as i move to each track?
Thanks

#2 2016-12-15 22:45:26

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Re: imitone and Daw

Hey, Gil ---

Most likely, this is a device exclusivity problem.  Getting low audio latency on Windows usually requires the music app to take over an input, so that other apps can't use it.  In this case, imitone is probably in "basic" audio mode.  Your DAW takes over the microphone and then imitone has no input.

For now, the best solution is to shut off microphone input to your DAW while using imitone, or use a spare mic for imitone --- USB peripherals can work well.  In the future, the imitone VST will offer a third choice by running inside the DAW where no sharing is needed.

#3 2016-12-15 22:46:49

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Re: imitone and Daw

After solving that problem, you can send notes from imitone to your DAW by selecting "imitone (universal MIDI)" as imitone's output, then going into your DAW's MIDI settings and selecting "imitone" as a MIDI input.

Board footer