imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2016-12-30 12:18:25

Kelleytoons

Suggested DAW to work with imitone?

LONG time midi music maker (even before DAWs, and then through MOTU, Cakewalk, Audacity and even such stuff as BIAB -- I think I have the version from two years back).  I kind of gave up music due to arthritis issues (can't keyboard much anymore) and I don't have a current license on almost any pro software (I don't know if the version of Sonar I had 10 years ago would even load on modern Windows).

Anyway, imitone really intrigues me, as I could (possibly) make music even with limited keyboard skills again (I sing falsetto still fairly well).  But because I'm not sure it will work well enough for me, I hate to spend $$$ on midi software.  Any ideas for something cheap that works well with imitone?  Doesn't have to be fully featured -- if it turns out I *can* use this I'll pop for something a lot more capable -- maybe upgrade to Sonar Pro if they will honor my very old serial numbers :>).

#2 2016-12-30 15:50:33

Handmusician
Power Tester

Re: Suggested DAW to work with imitone?

Hello Kelleytoons,
you can see this topic :
http://imitone.com/munity/viewtopic.php?id=146

#3 2017-01-03 13:13:16

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Hey, Kelley —

There are some great free and free-trial options out there that are worth a look if you're interested in gauging how well imitone might work.  GarageBand tops the list if you're on a Mac; for Windows, I suggest the Mixcraft trial.

I encourage you to share any thoughts you have about my software via E-mail or the in-app feedback button.

#4 2017-01-03 13:32:15

Kelleytoons

Thanks for the reply.  While I do have an older MacBook Air that has GarageBand on it, I'm not sure it has the horsepower to run your software (it's a five year old i5 that runs fine for what I do on it but I'm guessing your software needs a LOT of power to run correctly.  My PCs are much more powerful).

And even if it worked great on my MBA I would most likely want to get my DAW on Windows, as that's my primary platform (I have a LOT of desktop PCs, many powerful ones).  I don't suppose you offer both versions for one price? <g>.

#5 2017-01-03 17:14:45

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

You can install imitone on two computers at a time, which could be a Mac and a PC — so yes, that works.

It should run okay on your Macbook Air.  imitone is a lot less CPU-demanding than it used to be.

#6 2017-01-03 19:16:26

Kelleytoons

Cool -- then I will definitely buy it and give it a try.

May or may not get back into music again, but if I do this could be the push that gets me there.

#7 2017-01-05 12:51:26

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Let me know if you have any further thoughts or troubles; I'm happy to advise.

#8 2017-01-05 15:17:03

Kelleytoons

Thanks -- I'm going to buy this tonight (as a birthday present to myself, assuming I'm sober enough after my dinner out.  If not, then tomorrow :>).

Board footer