imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2016-11-12 09:47:08

BOC6010

imitone and all daws

is there a way, you probably have thought of this anyway, for imitone to start simultaneously with DAW's; should imitone share, or not, the audio driver that particular DAW is using?
i.e.,can asio4all be used for both for optimum performance (including varying sample rates of both programs)

music in the mind of the beholder?

#2 2016-11-22 14:19:51

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Re: imitone and all daws

Hey, BOC ---

ASIO4ALL sadly doesn't support "sharing" an audio stream between two programs, though this sort of thing is technically possible.  Some other ASIO drivers do permit multiple clients.

In the long run, probably the best way to work around device exclusivity issues on Windows will be the VST plugin version (or just not sharing the same mic between DAW and imitone).

#3 2017-02-02 11:18:55

pitou333

Hello !

I just downloaded the software, and it's really interesting !

I would want to use a track with some EQ and compression as input of the software (from Ableton Live) but the only inputs available are those directly from the sound card...
Do you already know when a vst plugin version will be available ?

Thanks for all this work already done,
Aurélien.

#4 2017-02-06 13:36:13

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

I'll be starting work on a VST plugin this month but I can't really say when it will be ready.  Sometime in March, with any luck.

Board footer