imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2017-05-04 00:17:52

ghason62

imitone Jumpy voice recognition

Hallo - new imitate user here.
first thing - this program idea is amazing it solves a lot of problems for me as a guitar player communicating with my DAW...

but I seem to have a problem with getting a stable note from the software-
when I try to write  some midi with the program I get a lot of extra notes, even when I turn the vibrato off and sometimes its even recognizes the wrong tone completely but I guess that's related to the pitch correct. when I whistle the midi recognition is a bit more stable but still "jumpy"... I guess I'm not the first one with that and id like to know maybe how to solve it or what's the right way of using it is there any guide that addresses this issue?

all and al great program and I'm happy to support this project!

sorry for my bad English :)

#2 2017-05-08 10:38:09

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Re: imitone Jumpy voice recognition

Hello, Ghason62 — Pardon the slow reply (and all the forum spam lately)

There are various settings that can help with achieving tidier notes:

• Set a key and scale (other than chromatic)

• Slide mode: hold

• Tracking: reliable

• Use Sound Check to make sure your voice is coming in loud and clear.

More information is available in the manual.

We have more research to do before we can really nail down the sense of control.  Smarter changes between adjacent notes and automatic scale detection will go a long way!  Something that helps us along in this process is when users send us audio samples for our research.  Occasionally we can also find a problem with a user's microphone setup using an audio sample.

Board footer