imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2018-04-26 06:26:57

nofish
Power Tester

0.9.2.g - VST2 install location

Hi,

first, happy to finally see the VST2 version coming around, yay. Thanks.

About installation of the VST2 plugin:
It seems the installer automatically installs to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins.

I know some other installers do that too but imo better way would be to let the user choose the install location, because as opposed to VST3 where the install location is fixed (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 for 64 bit VST3, C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3 for 32 bit VST3) for VST2 plugins install location is not fixed afaik.

For example I don't use the Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins path at all for VST2 plugins, all my VST2 plugins go to D:\VST plugins  which means I'll have to move the imitone VST2 to the correct place afterwards.

(Rather a nitpick I wanted to mention though, didn't get around to actually test the VST2 plugin but looking forward to and will post feedback.)

Last edited by nofish (2018-04-26 06:30:22)

#2 2018-05-17 12:12:27

Yragael
Power Tester
Website

Re: 0.9.2.g - VST2 install location

Like you, I had to modify [or move manualy] the files for vst.

All went good, I also was happy to have vst 64bits ready to go for imitone.

But when I try to use it, not working, Or should I say, I don't know how to use it.
Is it meant to work with the standalone beside? [Ok I know the gui will happen on the vst version some further days]

Now I mainly test imitone with my pluged guitar, standalone works like a charm for single notes and slides with bend mode ON.

I hope some explanations for testing VST version, I feel like a blind man ;-)

Best

#3 2018-05-31 11:50:05

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: 0.9.2.g - VST2 install location

Hello, nofish —

Some others have requested a configurable install path.  I'll make this a priority for my next plugins update!

VST is pretty rudimentary for now, because I haven't yet integrated imitone's UI.  It uses the host's built-in knobs and sliders so it's somewhat less convenient (but fully compatible with host automation and MIDI mapping).

Board footer