imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2018-07-03 20:53:33

rdt88

hello

it would be nice to see imitone as a more interactive software with its own database and a continuous collecting music data active algorithms that interact with the singer auto producing music automatically..but i don't know about this stuff im only a dreamer..goodbye

#2 2018-07-18 09:16:29

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: hello

Hey, rdt —

Haha, yeah, that's getting into a totally different kind of technology that what imitone is built on*.  You should look into "procedural music generation" tools, which many of my colleagues in game development tinker with.  There are many freely available tools in various states of development from these people.

I've thought about how future versions of imitone could implement something like "continuous collection" to allow the user to repeat a recently-sung phrase even if they weren't recording.  Depending on how that comes together there could be a way to interface imitone with some of these procedural generation tools.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

* (Technically there is a close link between music recognition and music generation but I won't be in a position to explore that for a while.)

Board footer