imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2018-11-20 13:33:44

vanhaze2000

Just a thought: another workflow.

Dear all,

Picture this situation:

I am sitting in the train.
A melody pops up in my head.
I grab my Iphone and open the Apple app Voice Memos.
I sing in the melody and save it.
The melody file is automatically synced via icloud to be available at my macbook, which i use for music production.

I come home, open my favourite DAW, insert imitone as a (wished for) VST plugin on a Track and import the voicememo melody audiofile onto that Track.
I play the audiofile through imitone VST and it spits out the corresponding MIDI notes.

Presto ! Great !!

IMHO, i think i am not the only one which could work this way.
Bottom Line: imitone as a VST plugin woudl be very much wished for in these cases.
I am very sure many people have a similar workflow and don't necessarily need imitone as a standalone app to sing in a melody "ad-hoc"
They could be away from their computer music workstation, being mobile and just record their melodies that pop up in their head with a voice memo app.
They would then want to use imitone afterwards.

Any opinions ?

#2 2018-12-04 10:46:20

Yragael
Power Tester
Website

Re: Just a thought: another workflow.

imitone vst is running ok here on windows, I guess you'll have to wait for a mac os version in the next beta release.

What you describe is now possible

[and is a feature already existing in ableton live 9 and 10, just drag your audio to a midi track and convert melody,  harmony or beat]

best

Last edited by Yragael (2018-12-04 10:47:13)

Board footer