imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2014-05-23 14:42:12

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

----==== BUG REPORTING GUIDELINES -- PLEASE READ ====----

ANNOUNCEMENT

With the introduction of the new error reporter, we are making some changes to how we deal with bug reports.

If your bug shows an Error Report, please fill and send it.  Otherwise, follow the guidelines below.

[hr]

Welcome to the bug reports forum!

My goal is to make this a quick and painless system both for users and myself.  If you follow the guidelines in this topic, you can help that system to run smoothly.

Guidelines
  1. This forum is for discussing objective bugs, not weaknesses in imitone's detection or design.
    For the purposes of this forum a "bug" is a cut-and-dry malfunction, such as a crash, malfunctioning interface or problem with MIDI output or audio input.
    If imitone is working but does a poor job for you, please post in Fine Tuning instead.
    Feature requests and design critique are best suited to Feedback and Suggestions.

2. Check through the known bugs before posting a report.
    It's likely other users are having the same issue.  Check the known bugs and recent reports -- if you see a topic describing your bug, post a reply there.

3. Give your report a descriptive name.
    Always include the name of version of imitone you're using, and your OS -- Windows Vista or Mac OS 10.7, for example.
    Include the names (and possibly CODE #) of the error messages you see, or a description of the problem.
    Examples of good titles:  ""Terminal Error: Memory Access Violation", 0.5.1b on Win7", "Mac Lion: 0.4.2 does not open, no error message"

4. Use the attachment feature to add relevant files.
    log.txt is almost always useful.  error.txt is very helpful for crashes and red-screen errors.  Screen-shots can be very helpful for other kinds of bugs.
    Click here for a walkthrough on attaching log files.

You can optionally paste a file directly into your post by putting code tags around it:

[code]You can paste log files between code tags, like this.
    That way, huge logs will show up in a small scrolling box like the one containing this text.[/code]

However, you may exceed the size limit if you do this with a large log -- so attachment is generally recommended.

Here is an example bug report that covers all the bases.

Go to bug reports forum or Post a new report now

Bug reports posted directly into this thread will be moved elsewhere.

#2 2014-06-04 12:43:06

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Re: ----==== BUG REPORTING GUIDELINES -- PLEASE READ ====----

The rest of this thread is for discussing the bug reporting system itself, and the guidelines above.  To that end, here's some additional information:

How it works

(optional reading)

This bug report forum was set up as a (hopefully) more efficient substitute to previously E-mail-based bug tracking.  I'm still working out a system, and the current one might be subject to change.

For now, users don't need to register accounts to post in this forum.  Eventually I might need to change this due to spam.

For the time being, topics here will divide into two categories:
Bug Reports are topics posted by users, describing issues they are experiencing that don't seem to match any known bugs.
Known Bugs are topics posted by me, describing bugs I have confirmed and am currently working on fixing.

I will analyze reports, categorize them into known bugs, and document the symptoms they can produce.
The first post in a known bug will describe the symptoms of the bug and the conditions under which it arises, and provide instructions for affected users.  Subsequent posts are for discussion and submission of samples.

As I investigate bugs, they will proceed through a series of designations:

• SUSPECTED bugs are issues which have been reported but are unconfirmed or may be external to imitone.

• KNOWN bugs are confirmed to exist with consistent symptoms between multiple users.

• ISOLATED bugs have been investigated and a strong theory as to their cause has been established.
    These bugs might already be fixed in the development version.

• PATCHED bugs have been addressed in the latest release, which is available to testers.
    They are left open until it can be confirmed that the issue no longer arises.

• CLOSED bugs haven't been reported for some time and appear to have been conclusively solved.

• It is possible for a bug to re-appear in later versions after being solved once.  This is called a regression and may revert the bug to an unsolved state.

Bug-fixing can be a lot like solving a mystery.  There are lots of twists and turns and often things are not as they seem.  Sometimes it's helpful for the witness to play detective, and I commend that kind of enthusiasm in my testers -- but more often than not the problem is in my code and it's up to me to find it.  Even when a problem could be blamed on an external cause like an outdated graphics driver, it's my inclination to make my software robust against it, so that it can work for as many people as possible without extra steps.

#3 2015-02-25 20:37:16

mrotenberg

Hi Evan; just finished purchasing the premium version of imitone but can not open it on my Mac.  It is downloaded but when I click the icon (in order to enter the key, etc.) it will not open.  What can I do?

#4 2015-03-23 15:34:33

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Hey, mrotenberg --

I suggest following the procedures above in order to give me the information I need to solve the problem.  :)  In particular, log and error files are essential in the diagnosis.

#5 2016-08-04 07:36:30

Cymbolik

Hi Evan, This version is working better than previous, However I'm finding it difficult to sing in quick notes as the tracking seems to miss them and all I get is one longer note.

#6 2016-08-04 17:55:44

Handmusician
Power Tester

Perhaps you have only one note because quick notes are converted into vibrato, i see that with my flute when i trill

Last edited by Handmusician (2016-08-04 17:56:30)

#7 2016-08-11 11:46:44

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Hey, Cymbolic ---

To maximize mobility between notes, I recommend experimenting with Fast tracking, Soft triggering, Sweep or Legato mode, and stabilization turned off.

imitone still leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to fast singing.  I expect to improve this with future updates.

#8 2016-08-14 12:23:36

ronky

Hello Evan!
I downloaded the update 0.82, entered my serial number and pressed the Enter-(((
But then nothing happens (((Mac OS X 10.12 Beta
Sincerely  ronky

ahaha
It worked, but not from key Enter, but from the key Space)))

Last edited by ronky (2016-08-14 13:03:44)

#9 2016-08-23 12:26:16

Lato

Descripción:
  Este programa dejó de interactuar con Windows por un problema.

Firma con problemas:
  Nombre del evento de problema:    AppHangB1
  Nombre de aplicación:    imitone.exe

Versión de la aplicación:    0.0.0.0
  Marca de tiempo de la aplicación:    578722e5
  Firma de bloqueo:    76ca
  Tipo de bloqueo:    16384
  Versión del sistema operativo:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Id. de configuración regional:    3082
  Firma adicional de bloqueo 1:    76cad9e96455f3277b10f8e8c4815b7c
  Firma adicional de bloqueo 2:    20eb
  Firma adicional de bloqueo 3:    20ebc32a0628effab2cfb688645ece04