imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2015-05-12 07:54:59

gksounds

Not Getting Any Audio Input

Hi guys, just bought + installed imitone.

I can't get any audio signal into imitone. I'm using a mic plugged into a TLA Preamp - patched into one of the jack inputs in the back of my Digi 003 interface - I'll be then sending this to my DAW - Pro Tools 8.0.5. I'm running OSX 10.6.8.

My input in imitone is set to CoreAudio but no signal is coming through from my mic. I don't know how I'm supposed to get the audio signal coming into my mic input in my interface (003) to imitone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm dying to try this out!

I'm using a Mac Pro.

Thanks alot ;)

#2 2015-05-12 08:03:35

gksounds

Re: Not Getting Any Audio Input

*UPDATE*

Hi again,

So I've managed to get audio into imitone by setting up the 003 as an audio input to my computer via system preferences (via the Digi CoreAudio Manager) so that's the input issue sorted.

Now, when I launch Pro Tools 8 - a dialogue box comes up saying - Pro Tools hardware is already being used by another program. Is this because Pro Tools 8 is still locked to Avid hardware? Is there any way around this?

#3 2015-06-02 13:56:48

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: Not Getting Any Audio Input

Hey, GK --  Apologies for the massively delayed reply.

Some programs don't like to share their audio inputs.  Device exclusivity is a pain, and the biggest disadvantage to imitone as a stand-alone program.  In situations like this, giving imitone its own input device is the easiest workaround:  using a spare USB microphone, an extra interface, or the audio input jack on your laptop can be very helpful.  Aside from that, you'll need to wait for a plug-in version which may be a while.

Board footer