imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2014-05-23 21:27:49

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Feature Request Guidelines

If requesting a new feature in imitone, please follow these guidelines:

1. Check if the feature has already been announced.
    Right now the most authoritative feature-list is here on Kickstarter.
    Updates offer detailed explanations of imitone and imitone prime.

2. Consider whether the feature is commonly available in MIDI-receiving software.
    As a rule of thumb, if imitone can control another program that can do it, imitone doesn't need to do it.
    Examples include rhythm correction and multi-track recording.  There are exceptions -- octave transpose was so crucial it was built in.

3. Consider which of imitone's editions the feature would fit into.
    imitone is designed to be as simple and accessible as possible while serving its core purpose of bringing ideas into reality for a majority of people.
    imitone prime is aimed at expert users with a strong understanding of MIDI systems, who want to harness the full possibilities offered by this technology.

Lastly, understand that keeping the scope of this project in check is important to me -- this is a project I want to finish, so that I can move onto creating other things.  Feature requests are generally treated as lower priority than bugs, fine-tuning and the completion of the promised software.

Now choose...

[Post a feature request] or [Think better of it]

Board footer