imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2014-07-10 23:37:38

inallfun

How do I use imitone

I just purchased this program on the spur of the moment about half an hour ago after watching video. I downloaded the test (version beta 0.5.3) imitone prime but when I talk into the microphone I just hear my voice talking and there is no music sounds. Do I have to download something else to create musical sounds with my voice please?

#2 2014-07-12 18:51:30

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: How do I use imitone

imitone acts as a controller for another piece of music software.  It performs the same function as a USB musical keyboard, but with your voice rather than your fingers.  To hear sound and compose music, you need to install another music app -- GarageBand is great on Mac, while the FL Studio trial is a good launchpad for windows.  Then, with imitone open you may select imitone as the receiving program's "MIDI input" to begin playing.

I'm currently working on a "Getting Started" guide which I expect to complete early next week.

#3 2014-07-23 17:01:40

Coco

Hi, This morning I purchased the imitone prime.  Very new to this....and very excited about the possibilities for use...but I've hit a snag. 
I have a Macbook Pro running 10.9.4 and I am trying to use GarageBand with imitone.   I opened GarageBand, went to preferences - Audio/Midi.  I click on Audio input, but imitone does not show up as an option.  Am I missing a step? Is there more to do?  The choices presented when I click Audio/Midi  are:
1. Built-in Microphone
2. System setting
3. Built-in Input

**I also have Logic Pro 9, but I don't know how to do MIDI inputs with Logic Pro. 

How do I get my GarageBand to recognize imitone?   I can see the imitone program responding to my voice, but can't get it to "talk" to GarageBand.    Thanks in advance :)

***EDIT - I finally figured it out and got it make sound ( I just have to remember what I did) - and it responds to my voice - but it doesn't seem to recognize my notes correctly all the time and sometimes it just goes off on its own and plays.  It's still very cool and I'm sure once the final release comes out it will be smooth sailing.  If you have any tips on how to make it better recognize my notes I would love to hear.  Thanks so much!

Last edited by Coco (2014-07-23 21:51:24)

#4 2015-01-26 21:01:40

opus125arts

Hi,

I Have the same problem as Coco, GarageBand midi input panel not showing imitone as an option.

Under input device it shows:

Soundflower (2ch)
Soundflower (16ch)
Builtin Microphone
Built-in Input

Can wait to delve into this!

#5 2015-01-31 21:46:43

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Strange.  Every time I've used imitone with GarageBand, it's immediately recognized with no need to manually select it as a controller.  I just open imitone, GarageBand / Logic says "new input detected" and I can start singing straight away.  I don't think either of these programs actually have MIDI inputs configured in preferences -- they just sort of work..?

Both of those lists look like they're describing audio inputs, not MIDI.  "Built in microphone" is certainly not a MIDI controller.

Board footer