imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2014-08-29 13:09:18

allergone

pitch tracking problem

Hi, sorry if I'm in the wrong thread or if this is dealt with but I'm noticing an issue with pitch tracking when using imitone beta 0.5.3 with my guitar. imitone consistently detects the pitch half a step flat.

It's very likely that it's something Im doing wrong. Any ideas?

2nvhhc.png

#2 2014-09-04 12:05:10

Hamad

Re: pitch tracking problem

The exact same thing is happening to me, I even played a sine wave from an external instrument.
This seems like a bug to me not a "fine tuning" issue, because it's happening in almost all the notes, imitone is clearly detecting the note input as a C, but for some reason the output is a C#.

PS: I'm trying to attach the image to the thread but I can't seem to find insert/attach buttons
/Users/Hamad/Desktop/Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 8.53.27 PM.png

#3 2014-09-07 19:43:01

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: pitch tracking problem

Sorry about the slow reply, all -- I was at a convention starting the 28th and got sick...

Allergone -- it looks like imitone is detecting a false positive at some interval of the note.  This is likely an effect of a second string vibrating and creating a consonance...  Essentially, imitone doesn't work well for guitar due to the complex harmonics and the extra strings involved -- and because I'm focusing on voice I can't guarantee that I'll fix that conclusively any time soon.  From what I hear, a program JamOrigin does an excellent job of transposing guitar to MIDI.  If that was what you wanted to use imitone for, I'm happy to offer a refund.

Hamad -- you probably hit control+shift+up at some point -- there's a (for now) hidden transpose feature that can shift imitone's output notes by half-steps or octaves.  Use control+shift+up/down to move by half-steps and shift+up/down to move by octaves until it's behaving again.  (The white line should overlap the notes)

Let me know if this helps.

Board footer