imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2015-05-30 08:53:56

Vade

imitone with Flute

Hi all;

First post, so a hearty hail and well met to everyone. I've been experimenting driving synths with my flute and I think you've nailed this Evan! In my rig I use a Fishman Triple Play to drive synths with my guitar and no doubt I'll be using imitone to drive synths moving forward. Here's a link to a recording I came up with my first night with imitone as a proof of concept...

https://soundcloud.com/vadie/proof-of-concept

I gave imitone a shout out at post #156 of the following thread (on a guitar synth centered forum) and a description of my rig may be found there if that's of interest to anyone...

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index. … 106952#new

I'm only a year and a half into the synth game but very happy I ran across imitone to be part of the journey. I'm using the lower tier version but I'm interested to learn more about what the upper tier version brings to the table and how I go about upgrading to that version. A truly polyphonic and stable imitone would offer so many interesting capabilities; can't wait!

Cheers!

#2 2015-06-02 14:01:33

Evan
Bugmaster
Website

Re: imitone with Flute

Neat experiment, Vade!  I've had quite a lot of fun jamming on tin flutes with imitone myself, though tracking of high notes is actually a bit worse in 0.7 than the later 0.6 versions.

Expect some major improvements to stabilization and tracking in the next few versions.  In the mean-time, try setting a higher volume threshold if it's getting false positives.

#3 2015-06-02 14:08:08

Vade

Re: imitone with Flute

Thanks Evan! I'm glad you liked and I'll pay a bit of attention to the triggering issue now that you mention it. I love the software already and I'm looking forward to its maturing and improving. Looks like the top tier version doesn't separate itself from the lower tier yet but I hope you'll be providing us an upgrade path when it does. Cheers!

Board footer