imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2014-05-28 19:24:11

Evan
developer
Website

[closed] 0.5.1b: "Missing critical graphics extension"

Affected users:  No one!  This was an issue reporting mechanism that didn't work in 0.5.1b and was made unnecessary by 0.5.1c.

Symptoms:  imitone crashes immediately when opened, producing an error message including "missing critical graphics extension".

Cause:  The affected machine's graphics drivers do not support some (relatively common) functions imitone currently needs.

Status:  Not a bug but a compatibility issue.  The problem is well-understood and I'm working to make imitone less dependent on these functions.

Instructions:  Report the missing extension in this thread.  Please attach your log file.

There is a high likelihood that this issue may be resolved by updating your graphics drivers.  (guide forthcoming.)

Some graphics cards are so old that they cannot support these extensions even with the latest drivers.  If you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, you can try a different computer, or await a fix in future versions.  I will be removing these requirements one group at a time, with urgency based on the number of users affected:

• GL_EXT_framebuffer_object

• GL_ARB_vertex_shader and GL_ARB_fragment_shader

• GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object and GL_ARB_vertex_array_object

#2 2014-05-30 03:58:03

Marc-Antoine Parent

Re: [closed] 0.5.1b: "Missing critical graphics extension"

Just to say that 51b fixes the problem I had reported by email earlier. Thank you!

Board footer