imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2015-04-01 20:00:40

steveblue

imitone / Cubase/ vst instructions?

Paypal Apr 1, 15

imitone / Cubase/ vst instructions?

I can’t get imitone through to my vst or midi recording in Cubase. I know it is said there are extra settings – can anyone help with how to complete this.

Gave it an hour of trying but nothing:

My current setup attempt:  (win7 pc cubase7 / midi keyboard with audio io)

I have a usb midi keyboard with audio inputs – an novation xstation that is setup through usb to my win 7 computer – I have the shure mic into the keyboards audio system which I have used all the time to get it to cubase

I turn on the keyboard – open imitone and  set up my keyboard settings:

Audio input:  ASIO / novation USB ASIO Driver
             MIDI Output : to device /  x-station
              I see note changes in imitone based on voice input into mic ( through keyboard)

Then opened  Cubase 7  with a prior project using NI Kontact VST ( then tried others)

I do set input routing for the midi channel to imitone - all else to x-station
             Hitting my x-station keys , I an see midi being recorded and hear vst sound .
             I sing through imitone, see that imitone showing good volume and notes changes
             I see the singing audio as a level change in Cubase

Yet I never hear anything from imitone input or see notes recorded in the midi  like with my key presses

Is there other setups I need.

Thanks in advance - steve

#2 2015-04-08 12:25:39

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: imitone / Cubase/ vst instructions?

Hello, Steve --

You want imitone's output sent to its Virtual MIDI driver -- otherwise the "imitone" device you see from your DAW will produce no MIDI.  Routing it out to your x-station lets you use imitone to control hardware through the x-station's output interface, but if there's a DAW involved you should probably do that routing there.

As far as I can tell, this is what you want for routings:

imitone -> imitone virtual MIDI

imitone virtual MIDI -> DAW MIDI #1
DAW midi #1 -> x-station MIDI out
x-station audio in -> DAW audio in
x-station MIDI in -> DAW MIDI #2

This is food for thought, though...  I never shut off the Virtual MIDI driver while imitone is running, so maybe MIDI data should always be routing there, even if another device is selected for output.  Hmm....

Board footer