imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2015-12-01 11:21:20

ED!

Wonderful idea, but immensely frustrating

Hello,

Just purchased the 0.8 version. Super frustrating. Watched the videos, got hooked, bought the $25 version. The results I get after many many trials are useless. Nothing like the videos I watched. This software is not ready in any way for someone that has no background and some good knowledge in music and music software in general.

I tried with FL Studio, Acid Music, Nano Studio, LMMS. They all recognize imitone as a MIDI input, but the notation output is a mishmash that doesn't make any sense, useless really. It doesn't help that there is no oficial documentation, instructions, tutorials or pratical examples. I tried many settings in imitone, the best I got is when I sing really really slow, when I do that the results are closer to what I sung, but still nothing like the youtube videos, which I find now super misleading.

I still have hope as it is in beta and is a lovely concept, but the software fails to deliver that "mind to melody" in every possible way as version 0.8.

ED!

#2 2015-12-31 16:20:44

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: Wonderful idea, but immensely frustrating

Hey, Ed --

Apologies for the very slow reply; I've been thinking on this one.

The software definitely has a long way to go, yet...  But the way you describe your experience makes me suspect either some kind of severe malfunction or a very adverse recording setup.  I'm going to reach out via E-mail and try to see where things have gone wrong.

#3 2016-02-09 08:35:30

Miguel

Hi Evan! I have similar problems with imitone. I get  better results with bass synth or acoustic guitar or violin but it's never satisfiyng. But i see you videos with violins and you do it quite good. I Get better results with everything on and no wishle. In youy video with violin (comparing speed imitone versions) it seem's that you have everything of and do it better thant me. Please tell me an instrument and configurations of imitone you use. I have a new PC so i think latency wold not be the problem but i think it is cause it's when i sing faster that it fail's! Continue with this amazing ideia and thaks to be so responsive.

#4 2016-02-10 06:47:00

Miguel

Hello Ivan. finally i ot some good results. Not perfect but really awsome, you're doing a great stuff!! I suggest you or someone to make a post of what works and not so people try imitate. for example: my best result was with a bass called "nasty bass" on reason, with everything on in imitone, and in trigger mode, down bar of volume in minimum and mike glued in my side cheeck and do dah's and doh's. A new post with videos also! I'll try open one as a think the training and the how to use makes the diference. Thanks!

#5 2016-02-11 13:37:17

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Hey, Miguel --

My goal as developer is to make sure anyone who gets imitone can have a good and musically encouraging experience with it.  In version 0.8.2, I'll be focusing on improving the "sense of control" when playing normal (non-bending) notes in imitone.  I'll be making some drastic changes to the way notes are chosen, and I think this will make a big difference!

Board footer