imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2015-12-24 18:35:45

tacomusico

imitone tracks my voice a little sharp - any way to adjust this?

imitone seems to track my voice a little sharp, and is thus the midi output is often bouncing between two notes. I have experimented a lot with this today, since it makes the tool much less useful than it might otherwise be.

- I checked the tuning of the guitar tracks I am singing to - they are on pitch.
- I checked my the tuning of my singing - it is on pitch.
- I have tried singing a little below pitch, but this is really hard to do :-)

Is there any way to adjust the pitch "center" so that I can avoid this jumping between two notes?

I currently have the $25 version of the imitone.
Are there features in the more expensive version that might help me solve this problem?

#2 2015-12-31 15:56:45

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: imitone tracks my voice a little sharp - any way to adjust this?

Hello --

Unless you've accidentally applied a semitone tranpose (make sure that number between (-) and (+) is a zero!) my guess is that the instrument you're using is tuned a little sharper than A440, which is what imitone uses.  The planned "pitch guide" feature will be helpful in situations like this, but for the time being you might need to get your hands a little dirty.

Option 1:  Transpose your instrument to A440 pitch.  How you do this -- or whether you even can -- depends on the instrument.

Option 2:  Manually transpose imitone by a fraction of a semitone.  You can do this by pressing control-R in imitone, closing imitone then editing the config.xml file in the folder that appeared.  Negative numbers transpose down while positive numbers transpose up -- so something like -.5 might work for you?

#3 2016-10-13 13:25:03

Evan
creator of imitone
Website

Re: imitone tracks my voice a little sharp - any way to adjust this?

The upcoming 0.8.3 update will add a function called Pitch Guide which helps a lot with this type of problem.  It detects consistent trends of sharpness or flatness and cancels them out.

Board footer