imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2016-03-12 08:58:42

jonnybwright11

too many notes recorded from one long note.

I wanted to use imitone to write midi parts on the fly with a mic-- its a great idea! my problem with imitone has been that it records lots of choppy notes even when i am trying to get one long note--- which requires way too much editing in my midi editor to get the sound i want. Melodyne and Ableton Audio to midi are way more accurate for this-- so Ive just been using those-- however, i paid for the full version of imitone and this is the first program that I've invested in during the beta process, and i figure my thoughts might be helpful.... not trying to troll, no agenda here... I used imitone once, and my computer almost melted-- i had to shut everything down lol. So thank you for reducing the CPU!  I REALLY wanna feel cool and use this all the time--and show it to people. Thanks!

#2 2016-04-21 11:44:24

Evan
developer
Website

Re: too many notes recorded from one long note.

Hey, Jonny --

If imitone places a heavy CPU load on the system, its audio input may get corrupted -- causing a mess like the one you've seen here.  If you see a blinking red thermometer this is almost certainly the case.  Setting imitone to a smaller pitch-range reduces its CPU usage, and future versions of the program will be less resource-intensive than the current beta.

Aside from that, audio corruption can happen when imitone and another low-latency audio program are trying to share a microphone.  This can be easily diagnosed by running imitone without any other music apps open.

I plan on further developing the diagnosis and warning systems for problems like this in the future.

Board footer