imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2016-09-20 16:42:04

Bytemeister

Using Mixcraft 7 And Hear NO SOUND Through Headphones Or Speakers

I just downloaded and installed imitone 0.8.2 so admittedly I'm a noobie here. I have followed all the steps and seem to have installed the program properly. Mixcraft 7 SEES imitone and the checkbox is checked. I have tried to use my laptop internal mic as well as Focurite Scarlett Si4 with an external mic. Mixcraft SEEES the sound coming in. imitone lights up and seems to function bur I hear ABSOLUTELY NO SOUND from either the computer speakers or my headphones which I've plugged into both my laptop and my Focusrite Audio Device. The Focusrite SEES the mic input because the dial lights up but I hear NO SOUND! I'm running out of ideas. I reinstalled the driver for my Focusrite and that has not helped. imitone is NOT captured by another program because I have tried Mixcraft ALONE as well as Kontakt 5 Full alone...no sound in either although BOTH programs SEE the the sound coming in (the dials move on either). My recording device appears to be selected properly in Windows 10 and is not muted. I have tried just about everything I could think of and still get NO SOUND. Does anyone know what I can be doing wrong? Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

#2 2016-10-09 14:55:03

Evan
developer
Website

Re: Using Mixcraft 7 And Hear NO SOUND Through Headphones Or Speakers

Hey, Bytemeister ---

Apologies for the slow reply; I've been catching up after a business trip.

Most likely your problem is a result of both imitone and your DAW trying to use the same audio device when one of them wants exclusive control over it.  On Windows, you usually can't share an audio input or output between two apps if one of them is accessing it through ASIO, Kernel Streaming or Exclusive Mode.

I advise either using a different device/interface for imitone than you use in your DAW, or disabling audio input in your DAW while using imitone.  In the long run, the VST version of imitone will provide a third option.

Board footer