imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2016-09-30 20:13:22

rc

imitone with Realband DAW

Trying to record in RealBand  using Garritan World Intruments - does anyone have experience wth the correct settup?
RealBand recognises imitone as a midi input & Garritan is installed & working correctly... but recording has not worked ( a few single notes of the instrument are recorded with long gaps). I`ve tried several microphones (usb & through interface)  & adjusted imitone settings.

#2 2016-10-01 17:58:18

rc

Re: imitone with Realband DAW

The issue with RealBand, as with other DAWS I`ve read about here, lies with sharing Asio drivers between imitone & DAW. I seem to have it working now by using a separate  Focusrite usb interface. Also installed the LoopBe midi driver & by selecting that over the RealBand`s GS Wavetable synth, the constant error messages have gone.
I still cannot hear the sound a chosen instrument makes through imitone until playback of the midi recording.

#3 2016-10-09 14:43:25

Evan
developer
Website

Re: imitone with Realband DAW

Hey, rc ---

Generally the instrument sound is something you'll configure in your DAW.  imitone only puts out MIDI notes, and it's up to the receiving app to turn those into sound and recorded music.  I might be able to advise further if you can describe your problem in more detail.

The GS Wavetable synth is part of Windows, actually, and widely disliked by musicians for its habit of interfering with ASIO drivers.  I recommend avoiding it in favor of virtual instruments.

Board footer