imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2016-12-19 06:54:32

Ravery

Noob singer recording mode and clap detection

I can't sing and hold the note. 90% is right, but in the middle it jumps up and down for a few milliseconds.
How about a mode, which has a very big latency (only for recording), but it removes all notes below a threshold (e.g. 8th note) and fuses the previous and later notes together.
Instead of "long c, short b, long c", you'll end up with "very long c".

One more mode would be nice, which which can capture claps, analog djembes and other common percussive instruments.

#2 2016-12-19 15:36:39

Evan
developer
Website

Re: Noob singer recording mode and clap detection

Hey, Ravery ---

Did you try hold or lock mode, and turning the stabilizer on?  It's also generally helpful to set a scale other than chromatic.  The manual has various tips about "tidiness".  An audio sample might be helpful if you still have trouble.

I will admit that lock and hold mode are maybe still a bit too permissive about slides between adjacent notes.  The ones in the current app are first takes and I'll be fine tuning them as I move forward.

I plan on adding percussion support to imitone down the line, once its other features are completed.  In the meantime, there are some other plugins out there that can pick up on "transients" like claps and fire off MIDI notes in response.

Board footer