imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2020-05-28 16:04:12

ionutp23

imitone under ubuntu

Hi friends sorry for late reply because of corona virus i dont have so much time free however i want to let you know that imitone works perfect under ubuntu with wine 5.0 also i wanted to let you know that you can use imitone with any keyboard i use yamaha e353 but should works fine with others too. You can use any instrument from keyboard but for that you need use midi ox works under ubuntu with wine or windows. Any question you may have leave a comment.

#2 2020-06-22 15:42:16

Evan
developer
Website

Re: imitone under ubuntu

I assume you are using WINE to run imitone.  We will be looking into making a proper Linux build available, but there are some challenges involved in making something portable to many distributions.

I'll also need to think about how I can support app-to-app MIDI without relying on a separate app.  I think many Linux distributions support that natively.

Board footer