imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2014-06-03 11:54:26

Redukt

Note stabilizer

It would be great to have a chance to de- and increase Imitones note input sensitivity. I'm a horrible singer so the possibility to set a threshold to reduce unwanted notes would be more than welcome.

#2 2014-06-03 17:48:31

Evan
developer
Website

Re: Note stabilizer

Currently there is a feature called "tone stabilization" which can be turned on by clicking the blue spinning-top.  It's meant to reduce fluctuations in your tone, but currently adds a little bit of latency to note slides.  I'll be working on improving this as the project moves forward.

Something else that helps a lot is setting a scale, which will prevent imitone from playing out-of-key notes.

#3 2014-06-04 03:54:02

Redukt

Hi Evan, thanks for the reply. Yeah, i tried the note stabilizer and it works pretty well. My main problem though is that when i, for example, sing or hum an E and try to move down to C i get C#, D, D# and F in between as very short notes. So what would be a cool feature is to filter out notes below a certain threshold - like anything below 0,5 or 1 seconds. I guess that would come with a lot of latency, though...which don't care about anyway because i don't plan to use imitone to play VSTs in realtime but to record melody ideas in my DAW where i can quantize and edit them later. So for this workflow a setting like that would be ideal.

On the other hand, maybe i should just improve my singing... ;-)

Cheers

Chris

#4 2014-06-04 11:15:09

Evan
developer
Website

The sliding effect is a "feature" of the note stabilizer that doesn't work very well right now.  It triggers when imitone hears a "gloss" between two notes; generally you can avoid it by breaking notes with consonant sounds like "dah, dah, dah".

I plan on totally overhauling the stabilizer; I'm unhappy with the current algorithm.

Re: the time threshold, a few people have asked about that but I'd really rather make the program do its job better rather than attempting to gloss over its shortcomings with measures like those.  Still, I'll keep it in mind.

#5 2014-06-05 00:03:01

Redukt

That's good to hear, thanks Evan.

Board footer