imitone community

Building a universal, human-friendly music interface. ...But first we have to fix the bugs!

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Having trouble with imitone? Hit send on any Error Reports it creates, or use the in-app "send feedback" button.

#1 2015-06-02 16:35:59

jackpujji

imitone or imitone prime?

Could someone please explain the difference between imitone and imitone prime?

I cannot figure out from the website which one I should purchase.

#2 2015-06-09 12:40:31

Evan
developer
Website

Re: imitone or imitone prime?

I'm a terrible capitalist, and usually encourage people to go for imitone.

The advanced edition (which I'll be renaming "imitone studio") can be thought of as an "expert" edition.  It will offer a lot more functionality, but will also require a decent understanding of audio and MIDI systems to use effectively.  It can send out more articulations, process multiple microphones, and will eventually offer polyphonic controls, keyswitches and deeper configurability -- all of which potentially takes special set-up on the receiving end and careful adjustment of the recording environment.

If your interest is the basic promise of imitone -- to explore music with your voice -- then the standard edition is likely what you want.

If you're comfortable with DAWs, routings and recording rigs, and have big ideas about what you can do with the software -- especially in the realm of live performance, installation art or collaborative recording -- then imitone prime may be for you.

#3 2015-06-09 13:32:05

jackpujji

Evan, thanks for explaining. I already purchased the simple version on Jun 3, but couldn't do anything with it yet because I need a step-by-step manual to get started.

I am a hobby singer with no experience of DAWs or music software of any kind. What I aim to accomplish is to create MIDI files of my favorite songs with imitone and then print sheet music with MuseScore (or other such) so I can learn to accompany myself on an electric guitar.

Any pointers (from you or anyone else) will be greatly appreciated.

#4 2015-06-15 13:35:46

Evan
developer
Website

Hey, Jack --

imitone is a little too finicky now to be used easily with notation software like MuseScore, but I encourage you to experiment.  I'm tentatively planning to add a "composer mode" preset later to help with this.

Be sure to check out the tips here:  imitone.com/tips  -- these can help a lot!

Board footer